Gold at the Gilbert & Gaillard International Challenge 2019
When we heard that the well-known Gilbert & Gaillard group started doing special South African tastings with their international panel of judges, we decided to enter a couple of our wines from different ranges. Most of those wines entered were awarded with Gold Medals while our flagship wine; Quest Heroes Journey 1 (Bordeaux Blend) 2012 came back with a shimmering premium 90pnts medal, awarded to high quality wines.
The Gilbert & Gaillard group was founded back in 1989 by Philipe Gaillard and François Gilbert and is well-known in vino-circles in over twenty countries worldwide. The South African tasting panel consist out of the two founders, Sylvain Patard (Chairman of the G&G tasting committee), Matthieu Gaillard (G&G Brand Ambassador) and Luz Paucar (G&G Sales & Promotion).
Here’s a quick look at the wines that were awarded gold, as well as their availability.
- Quest Heroes Journey 1 (Bordeaux Blend) 2012 (sold out, new release 2017 vintage not yet released)
- Quest MCC Brut Rosé NV (not yet released)
- Land’s End Syrah 2015
- Land’s End Syrah 2017 (export, 2017 vintage not yet released in South Africa)
- Land’s End Sauvignon Blanc 2017
- Du Toitskloof Pinotage Rosé 2018
- Fairtrade Dimension Chardonnay 2018 (export, available at our cellar door)
- Fairtrade Zola Cape Cuveé Blend 2018 (export, available at our cellar door)
- Fairtrade Hope Red Blend 2018 (export)